Federal Bank - Feel @ Home

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 by Arun Basil Lal

If you are looking for good quality banking in Kerala ( I dont know of the rest of India ) let me suggest Federal bank.


The very first thing to tell about Federal Bank is that it has got a large number of ATM's all around kerala. That's the best thing. And you can even deposit cash at Federal Bank ATM. That facility is not available with all banks. So u wont have to wait in that long queue to deposit ur valuable money. Just get in to an ATM. Put ur money in a cover and 2 or 3 clicks . Yes ! its done.


Rather than that they have a very friendly apprach to their customers. I went to the perumbavoor brach last day and I saw them talking to every customer very patiently. But they have got a lot of customers. So they dont have lot of time to talk to all of them for a long time. I went there to open an SB account. There was an old man who came near me asked what I wanted. When I said my intention he explained to me all what I had to do. I felt really impressed. All you have to do is to fill up a form , Bring ur ID proof and 2 passport size photos and a person to introduce you ( Signature of a person who have an account in that purticular bank and who opened his account before 6 months or earlier. Also he must have Rs 1000 balance in his account . ) . That's it.


Federal bank has got a high intrest rate for Fixed Deposits. As high as 7.5 %.
Also their value added services include Any where banking, Email updates, ATM, Mobile Alert, Telnet and Internet Banking. To avail these services they have got a separate application form. To avail the ATM facility you need a minimum of Rs 1000 in ur account.


Federal Bank keeps high speed banking as one of their motto. They have got a time shedule in which the estimated time needed to do all the tasks are shown. If the staff exeed that limit we can complain it to the branch manager. You will never have to do that. The staff is well trained.


So dear reader's if you would like to start an account dont look for other banks. Turn to ur nearest Federal Bank branch. Your money is really safe there. Wish u a happy banking experience.

2 Responses to "Federal Bank - Feel @ Home":

Anonymous says:

Arun you are lucky to have got such a person at the counter. My experience with Federal Bank is very bad. Employees are more interested in association and their self development. They are more interested in organizing strikes and building apartments for them.

They charge for each and every stuff. There is no harm in paying if you get 100% satisfaction but I never got satisfaction and value for my money.
Federal Banks response to email is like snail mail. It takes days to get response from them. Feedback and suggestion query in their website never works. Chat option I think is for show (jada).......

Arun Basil Lal says:

Well, I have not studied a lot about the,. Federal Bank is always very crowded. I recently went to SBI and got things done really fast cuz the bank was empty.

Well, tough luck with you. The brach we have in our place has been good to me...